Sunday, October 24, 2010

4th National ICT Congress




October 2010


Take every opportunities that comes your way and most importantly have fun with it."
Cody Simpson

I was hired as a permanent public elementary school teacher last January of 2010. Luckily, my school assignment was one among the mountain school in our town. Situated at the middle of our town mountain ranges. It was a small school, Just newly completed school, complete from grade 1 to grade 6.



The next school year came, of course since I am the newbie, old school teachers expect a lot from me. So I have to be ready for my colleague expectation but of course my personality was of like a person who is always ready to learn and to help and share so I don't really have problems at all.

Anyway, October came and Sir Adolf Aguilar my former high school teacher, a dynamic and full of innovation is now promoted in the Division Office as our Division ICT Supervisor. To my surprise he still remember me as his student way back then. He then introduced me and told me about the ICT thing since I'm younger and willing to learn more. He was the instrument why I able to attended the 4th National ICT Congress in Ateneo de Manila University. I'm so thankful for the  Lord for the great opportunity and also thank you so much sir Adolf Aguilar for the trust and confidence that you include me to represent the Division of Negros Oriental in that big national event.What an opportunity!


  We arrived in Manila October 27, that was the day after my birthday. hehehe


                                 Tired but we still able to smile while waiting for our room accommodation near Quezon City just accross Ateneo. Thats me, with my co-participant from Negros. Sir hydon and mam vilma.




To my excitement, I woke up early and proceed directly to Ateneo de Manila University where our host venue for the said event.

Its me at the registration booth, I already registered.





At the lobby, we are now ready for the 4th ICT Congress with our Kit, programs and souvenir bag. 







My fellow teachers from Negros Oriental, Sir Hydon with blue polo, Mam Vilma at the center and Sir Dennis wearing red polo shirt.






Time to start the congress, with a short opening program.

Entering this hall feels like home, It look like Silliman Luce Auditorium. Spacious wide venue enough to accommodate us all.






There are still more participants coming and of course from Negros Oriental we are now sitted and ready for the opening program. Very Good!


The program just started officially.











We are warmly welcomed by the dean of the College of education,UP and Ateneo.









After the opening program,
Series of lectures and open forum from brillant and expert speakers follows.
Here was Prof. Cher Ping Lim of Hongkong Institutes of Education,on his topic Transforming Primary Schools for the 21st Century, on its global perspective.


Honesto G. Nuiqui, giving his lecture on approach on data management .


Another speaker talked also on instructional design with information and communication technology integration which is very useful in a elementary grade setting. He was Dr. Ferdinand B. Pitagan of U.P. Dilliman College of Education.





Dr. Nemah N. Hermosa talked on how ICTs  assess the learning of the learners.






After the series of lecture, open forum follows, exchange of ideas and of course more learning gain from this congress.


After the open forum, at the lobby are the ICT expo, exhibit of different technology and how its been use and of great help to compnies and academic institutions through the use of ICT technology.

My first time to use, hands on on the interactive white board.-)


After the first day series of lectures, the mandatory photo opportunity from the speakers.
That's us with the speakers.
Thank you for the great talks.




It's me taking selfie in the front row.
After the first day session, got a chance to explore what Ateneo has to offer.

Here was the Ateneo Gym home of the Blue Eagles.
I was looking for coach Norman Black and Chris Teu here but unfortunately it was not their pratice time.






Day 2 of the congress starts with me setting in the stage just to feel what it is to be in the platform of Ateneo de Manila University who are celebrating its 150 years, and so older that my alma mater Silliman beside the sea.




Early bird for the day 2 congress, while waiting for the others to come ohh c'mon again picture picture... -)











Photo was Mam Angelita  M. Esdicul of Department of Education, Director III sharing the DepEd master plan for elementary education on ICT implementation.









Mr. Richard on the significant role of ICT in the learning process.









Day 2 open forum again  and of course the dynamic and innovative teacher are asking query and questions regarding the said topics.

While listening, the Microsoft Philippines was celebrating its 10th year anniversary and announces their surprise present to the participants as a way of gratitude for patronizing their products. There giving away 10 units of computer set by raffle draw.
that's me waiting for my name to be draw and called. hihihi-)







To my surprise my name was called the 8th lucky winner of computer set, may I call on Yves Adrian N. Silva of Negros Oriental...
Yahhhhhoooooooooooooo! Got it...-)





Its me with other winners of computer package and from the bottom of my heart a big thank you very much for the wonderful gift and for sharing your blessings. Surely the children of the mountains can now have access to this new technology.
A big smile for a big thanks to Microsoft Philippines for this wonderful gift.
I'm going home with this computer package yahooo!..




-) it's me again with mam Vilma my co-participants with the congress organizer.









Syempre! Don't let this congress end without having a souvenir picture of Asec. Rivera of the Department of Education.









I hate to say goodbye,so just let me say, See you soon Henry Lee Irwin Theater.









Leaving Ateneo, I had to take a picture of there amazing life size Art installation exhibits.







                                                                                                                                      Since it was once in a lifetime experience I have to drop by there University souvenir shop and bought some stuff as remembrance of Ateneo. 

But to my surprised all of there items being sold are in a very high price so I just settled for a commemorative limited edition Pen. hihi! Ateneo hindi kita ma afford talaga lang ha...






3rd Day, and this was going home day, but before going to the airport, since I am here in Manila so why not just visit also U.P. University of the Philippines the leading university in the country just a ride away from Ateneo.


Welcomed by this Huge Acasia trees that surround the campus landscape.. Oh well Im now in U.P.



Yes! I'm now in U.P. Unibersidad ng Pilipinas, dito nag-aaral ang mga skolar ng Bayan. Just feel like I'm also a skolar ng bayan hihihi -)












Me myself and I at the iconic oblation statue of the University of the Philippines. AT last I see and touch this very iconic figure in the Philippines.




Dreaming and hoping that day will come, I'll have my post graduates studies here.

See you soon U.P.


Indeed my participation of the 4th National ICT congress was a huge success, I've learned a lot, insights and ideas on how as the 21st century mentors reached out children using ICT as a tool for better learning for a better future.Plus winning in raffle draw and bringing home a computer set for free must be something to reflects on. That I have called to explore and discover this new technology so I'll be able to served better especially the needy children of our country.










No comments:

Post a Comment